Iowa Wesleyan University is seeking a motivated, competitive, high-energy individual to serve as Graduate Assistant for our volleyball program. This position is available to students enrolled in our Graduate Program and will offer in professional experience in a higher education work environment. The GA for volleyball will support the head volleyball coach and be responsible for assisting with practices, recruitment, retention, and the overall student-athlete experience.
Specific elements include but are not limited to:
- Coach the position(s) or segments necessary as directed by the head coach.
- Assists in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of practices and game plans as necessary.
- Assists head coach in oversight of academic programming.
- Recruits individual student-athletes or territories as directed by the head coach.
- Understands and follows NAIA and conference rules and regulations.
- Drives University or rental vehicles as needed.
- Performs special and/or additional duties as required by the Director of Athletics.
Compensation and Proposed Work Schedule:
- The Graduate Assistant’s tuition waiver and stipend is compensation for working approximately 29 hours each week.
- Weekly work schedule will be determined by student and supervisor
- Weekends, evenings and possible travel will be required for this position to participate in scheduled events
- Successfully admitted into the Iowa Wesleyan University Graduate Program
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Good organizational skills
- Detailed Orientated
- Computer knowledge
- Communication and People skills, working relationships with staff, faculty, and community
- Understanding of confidentiality
- Time Management skills
- Valid US Driver’s License with the ability to be authorized to drive IW fleet vehicles as requested
- Must be available for night and weekend responsibilities.
- Coaching experience preferred.
- Follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to manage simultaneous demands and set clear priorities
- Ability to greet and interact with the public in a courteous and professional manner
- Promotes a positive, family oriented and community culture
All applicants must have applied for admissions and have been accepted into the Iowa Wesleyan University graduate program in order to apply.
Qualified candidates who have been accepted into the Iowa Wesleyan University Graduate Program, must upload their letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three professional references below. Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if further information is needed. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.