Transfer Student Admissions Information
- Complete and submit an Application for Admission.
- Request that all official transcripts from all previous colleges attended be sent to our Office of Admissions, even if all prior course work is listed on your last college transcript. Have an official copy of your high school transcript sent to our Office of Admissions, unless you have 24 or more semester hours of previous college credit.
- Schedule a visit to connect with professors & coaches, take a tour of campus, and get all of your questions answered.
- After October 1, File FAFSA.
- Submit your deposit. Congratulations on becoming a Tiger!
- If you plan to live on campus, submit a copy of your TB/MMR results and the housing application.
- If you plan to participate in athletics, submit a copy of your completed physical form.
Candidates for transfer admission (having 10 or more semester hours of college) must meet the following guidelines to be considered for admission to Iowa Wesleyan:
- a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or better from all previous college work,
- have a 2.0 cumulative grade point average in all major and general education courses; activity courses taken as electives, such as choir or weight-lifting, are not to be included in the g.p.a. calculation,
- be in good standing from the previous institution attended.
Also taken into consideration when determining if a transfer student is granted full admission, conditional admission or is required to go before the Admissions Advisory Committee for admission, is the student’s past performance in college core courses and major courses, as well as the overall difficulty of the courses previously taken.
A transfer student who is not granted full or conditional admission may petition the Admissions Advisory Committee for committee admission. Additional information,including faculty recommendations and a personal statement or interview, may be required as part of this process. More information on this process is available from the Office of Admissions.
A course was taken at a regionally accredited college or university, in which the content and depth are similar to a course taught at Iowa Wesleyan University, may be accepted for transfer.
Iowa Wesleyan will accept up to 60 credit hours from community colleges and up to 90 credit hours from four-year institutions. The final 30 semester hours must be completed at Iowa Wesleyan University.
Please contact us if you have any questions about credit transfers or completing the admissions procedure.