Southeastern Community College (SCC) of West Burlington, IA, 52655, and Iowa Wesleyan University (IW) of Mount Pleasant, IA, 52641, believe that cooperative programs benefit the community, employers, and students in their regions. It allows smooth transitions for students transferring between institutions and maximizes the allowable transfer of credit.
This agreement defines the procedures for a 2 Plus 2 Transfer Articulation Agreement between Southeastern Community College and Iowa Wesleyan University. This agreement focuses on students completing their Associate’s Degree through attendance at Southeastern Community College. At Iowa Wesleyan University students will complete their Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Human Services, Business, or Biology.
An Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science degree from SCC will fulfill all IW university-wide Wesleyan Studies course requirements excepting the Global Awareness course requirement, the Service Learning requirement, the Writing Intensive requirement, 30 credits of 300 level or higher IW course work, and internship. A maximum of 90 semester hours will be conferred upon the student.
Course Equivalency Guide between Iowa Wesleyan University and Southeastern Community College
|SCC Course||Semester Hrs.||SCC AA Requirement||Transfer School Equivalency|
|ENG 105: Composition I|
ENG 106: Composition II
SPC 112: Speech
|Student can pick any class from the required list||3||Cultural Awareness||–|
|ART 101: Art Appreciation or MUS 100: Music Appreciation|
HIS 151: US History to 1877 or HIS 152: US History Since 1877
ART 133: Drawing
PHI 105: Intro to Ethics
|12||Humanities||ART 203 or MUS 225|
HIST 125 or HIST 126
|PSY 111: Intro to Psychology|
PSY 121: Dev. Psychology
SOC 110: Intro to Sociology
SOC 115: Social Problems
|12||Social Science||PSYC 131|
|Must have a lab Sciences||7||Science||See Course Equivalents|
|MAT 156: Statistics||3||Math||MATH 171|
|PSYC 241: Abnormal Psychology|
PSYC 251: Social Psychology
SOC 120: Marriage and Family
CRJ 100: Introduction to Criminal Justice
CRJ 130: Criminal Law
Iowa Wesleyan Catalog for Admission to Human Services Program.
Please contact the email@example.com or 319 385 6391 for more information.
- The SCC graduate will be admitted with junior status if transferring 56-87 credits, or senior status if transferring in 88-90 credits.
- A maximum of 90 semester credit hours may be transferred from SCC toward the total 120 credits to graduate at IW.
- Students transferring with an Associate’s degree must complete IW courses, SL courses, 30 credits of upper division courses, and the Global Awareness course at IW.
- An Associate of Applied Science Degree from SCC will confer up to a maximum of 90 semester hours upon a student, and credits from it may satisfy IW’s general education requirements on a per-course transcript analysis.
- Admission to Iowa Wesleyan University requires a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 (on a 4-point scale) from all previous college work including all major and general education courses, and be in good standing from the previous institution attended.
- Students must complete the recommended courses as defined on the course plan in order to avoid additional general education requirements. See course plan for courses identified as general education courses.
- Students must earn a letter grade of C- or above in all required writing intensive courses and letter grade of C- or above in all major and major support courses.
- Students must submit all prior college or university transcripts.
- There are online and face to face student requirements. Please note the course differences within the articulation.