Teacher Education Services Administrator
Iowa Wesleyan University is accepting applications for a Teacher Education Services Administrator. This a full-time, non-exempt position will provide administrative support to the Chair of the Education Division, the Vice-President of Academic Affairs and work closely with students regarding their eligibility requirements to obtain their Teaching License with the State of Iowa upon graduation from Iowa Wesleyan University.
QUALIFICATIONS PROFILE (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Master’s degree in Education or related field, such as Curriculum and Instruction
- Familiarity with teacher licensure in Iowa
- Experience successfully working in a post-secondary academic environment, teaching and/or advising students and faculty preferred
- Experience working with a diverse student population
- Ability to multi-task many variable duties, requests, and responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Present information to specific Education classes each semester, licensure issues, student teaching placements, assist with student academic advising and additional required testing placements, campus visits and background checks.
- Explain to new Teacher Education Program faculty on the advising process and TEP policies and procedures, and the appropriate paperwork required.
- Assist the TEP Division Chair on advisee assignments and revisions of course schedules, the catalog, and the academic advising manual.
- Perform compliance duties for teacher licensure, endorsements and community college articulation agreements
- Make visits each semester to area community colleges (SCC, MCC, KCC, and IHCC), meeting with their enrollment management teams and prospective transfer students
- Represent the Teacher Education Program at various events such as Burlington Area Teacher Appreciation and Alumni gatherings in the region
- Other duties, committees and task forces as assigned by the Education Division Chair
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must submit their letter of interest, resume/CV, transcripts, and contact information for three professional references. No phone calls please; candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.