Iowa Wesleyan University is accepting applications for Office of Academic Success and Inclusive Support (OASIS) Student Success Specialist to begin in August 2018. This is a full-time, 10-month, exempt position coordinating the function of the OASIS and is involved with data gathering and synthesis, report and recordkeeping, and scheduling. The OASIS Student Success Specialist also provides tutoring services to students in various subjects, incorporating study strategies that lead to successful classroom outcomes. The OASIS Student Success Specialist may also instruct various courses or lectures associated with the student success in the classroom.
- Responsible for managing the daily operational functions of the office including; communications, schedules, student employee assignments, documentation, record keeping, and distributing information
- Provide prompt, courteous customer service and direction to students, instructors, and other visitors verbally, or in written and electronic form
- Assist with the planning, scheduling and coordinating of exams proctoring, execution of training programs, workshops, and special events, proofreading, tutoring, and other academic/college success skills and improve student success opportunities appropriate use of resources and/or the office.
DATA COLLECTION AND ENTRY
- Gather, enter, and update data to maintain departmental spreadsheets, files and records
- Develop statistical and narrative reports regarding the success of the tutorial program and the writing services
STUDENT EMPLOYEE SUPERVISION
- Hire student employees and act as their immediate supervisor
- Orient the student employees to their roles in the department and the standards of behavior expected
- Coordinate the activities of student employees and ensure they are performing tasks defined within their job description
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, preference given to Education and Social Sciences
- Experience working with a diverse student population.
- Ability to multi-task many variable duties, requests, and responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work rotating evenings and weekends.
Qualified candidates must submit their letter of interest, resume/CV, transcripts, and contact information for three professional references below. Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.