Students who have concerns regarding an academic matter, such as procedures in a particular course or a grade received, should meet first with the instructor of the course involved. Failing to achieve satisfaction at this level, the student should then meet with the chair of the division in which the course is taught. Appeals beyond the divisional level should go to Academic Affairs. When appropriate, academic issues will be referred to the Committee on Academic Standards and Review for final decision.

Grade appeals must be initiated within five weeks of the time grades are posted. No such appeals will be considered after this time.

The Provost and the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs is available to students to discuss academic problems and procedures.