General Eligibility Requirements
To receive financial aid from federal and state programs the student must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Be registered with Selective Service if male, at least 18 years of age and born after December 31, 1959, and not currently a member of the active armed forces. (Register online at www.sss.gov).
- Demonstrate financial need if applying for need-based aid.
- Be working toward a degree or certificate at Iowa Wesleyan College.
- Make satisfactory academic progress as defined by IW’s Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- Not be in default on any loan or owe a refund on any grant made under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, at any institution.