Degree seeking students at IW will take classes with SL components as part of their graduation requirements.
Students who begin their studies as:
Freshman will complete 4 classes with SL
Sophomores will complete3 classes with SL
Juniors will complete 2 classes with SL
Seniors will complete 1 class with SL
Classes with SL are noted with an (SL) or (SL#) in the course catalog. The SL# indicates that a course has an optional service-learning component. If you take an SL# course be sure to complete the project satisfactorily in order to receive credit.
- Wes 100: Wesleyan Seminar
- GL300: Global Issues
- WS310: Leadership & Service
- WS380: Social Justice and Service
- Educ 301: Education of Exceptional Persons
- PE 381: Fitness Evaluation & Training
- Educ 332: Elementary P.E. Methods
- Psyc 251: Developmental Psychology
- Psyc 380: Psychology of Gender
- SpEd 344: Methods &Training Strategies for Students with Disabilities
- Nur 214: Pharmacology
- Eng 201: Writing and Research about Literature
- Comm 350: Organizational and Group Communication
- Hlth 234: Community Health
- Psyc 326: Introduction to Counseling
- Comm 140: Human Communication
Not all classes are offered every semester. Please check with your advisor about SL classes that are being offered before you register for next semester.