The P.E.O. Memory Rooms (2nd floor of Old Main) on the Iowa Wesleyan campus have reopened for tours. All visits to P.E.O.’s 1869 founding site are scheduled through Anita Hampton at [email protected] or by calling 319-931-6227
Advanced reservations are highly recommended.
The P.E.O. Sisterhood, founded on the campus of Iowa Wesleyan University January 21, 1869, is a philanthropic educational organization interested in bringing women increased opportunities for higher education.
Begun as a campus society and developed in its formative years by Iowa Wesleyan alumnae and Mt. Pleasant members, P.E.O. has grown to currently over 300,000 initiated members in nearly 6,000 local chapters across the United States and Canada.
The international headquarters of P.E.O., including the P.E.O. Foundation and THE P.E.O. RECORD (the official publication), are located in the P.E.O. Executive Office, 3700 Grand Ave., Des Moines, Iowa 50312-2899, telephone 515.255.3153. The website is www.peointernational.org