Military Personnel And Veterans

Admissions Procedure

  1. Complete and submit an Application for Admission.
  2. Request that all official transcripts from all previous colleges attended be sent to our Office of Admissions, even if all prior course work is listed on your last college transcript. Have an official copy of your high school transcript sent to our Office of Admissions, unless you have 24 or more semester hours of previous college credit.
  3. Schedule a visit to connect with professors & coaches, take a tour of campus, and get all of your questions answered.
  4. After October 1, File FAFSA.
  5. Submit your deposit. Congratulations on becoming a Tiger!
  6. If you plan to live on campus, submit a copy of your TB/MMR results and the housing application.
  7. If you plan to participate in athletics, submit a copy of your completed physical form.

Admissions Information

Iowa Wesleyan University welcomes current military members or veterans. We are a Principles of Excellence Participant, a member of Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges Consortium and on the 2013 List of Military Friendly Schools. We also are a Yellow Ribbon school and participate in vocational rehabilitation.

If you served on Active Duty, you might be eligible for education benefits offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs. For example, the Post-9/11 GI Bill provides financial support for educational and housing expenses to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service after September 10, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill.

If you are currently serving in the military, you may be eligible for funding offered through the Department of Defense Tuition Assistance program. Check your eligibility status and the amount for which you qualify with your Service prior to enrolling.

If you are the spouse or child of a service member who is serving on active duty Title 10 orders in the paygrades of E1-E5, O1-O2, or W1-W2, you may be eligible for financial assistance from the Department of Defense for education, training, and/or the occupational license and credentials necessary for a portable career.

If you are the spouse or child of a service member, you may be eligible for transfer of the service member’s Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits to you.