Chadwick Library staff are available year-round for one-on-one or group research help to anyone in the IW community. Research help is made available both in person at the Ask Here or Check Out desks, or virtually via phone, email, or Google Hangout.
In-Person, Phone, and Google Hangout Academic Year Hours:
- Monday through Thursday- 8:30 am to 10:00 pm
- Friday- 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Sunday- 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Virtual Research Help in Google Hangout:
- Open google.com or on the sidebar in your IW Gmail.
- Click “New Conversation” and search for Brianna Enearl ([email protected]), Paula Wiley ([email protected]), Jeff Meyer ([email protected]), and/or Elijah Westercamp ([email protected]) from the Hangouts list. When you find a librarian, click their name.
- To start an IM chat, just start typing.
- To start a Video call, click “Call”.
- When you’re done, click End call.
Virtual Research Help via Phone:
For research help via phone, please call either the Ask Here Desk at (319)385-6318 or the Check Out Desk at (319)385-6316 during the hours listed above.
Virtual Research Help via Email:
For research questions that are not time-sensitive, please email Paula Wiley ([email protected]) or Jeff Meyer ([email protected]). Please note: email replies will occur during normal business hours and days (Monday through Friday between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm), so emails over the weekend or after 5:00 pm will not be answered until the next business day. If a question is too lengthy for an email response, or if there is a continued email chain, librarians may request either an in-person visit or a virtual consultation via phone or Hangout.