Associate Professor of Psychology and Director of ENGAGELocation Science Hall; Room 107 work Phone: 319-385-6339work Email: email@example.comINTERNET
Please click here to read an article about Kelly Danaher, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. in Social Psychology from University of Kansas
- M.A. in Social Psychology from University of Kansas
- B.A. in Psychology from University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Selected Publications and Presentations:
- Danaher, K., Sullivan Gomez, S. (2018, September). Oh man! How gendered language matters. Oral workshop at the Maharishi University of Management International Day of Peace Symposium, Fairfield, IA.
- Danaher, K., Kinney, P., Sullivan Gomez, S. (2018, March). To declare or not to declare: Identity choice of first year students in a broad admissions university. Poster presented at the Illinois Summit on Diversity in Psychological Science, Champaign, IL.
- Kinney, P., Danaher, K., & Brooks, W. (2018, April). Quarterbacking the co-curricular process: Winning teamwork for assessment. Oral presentation at the annual Higher Learning Commission Conference, Chicago, IL.
- Danaher, K. (2017, May). “Freshman 15” stereotype threat undermines meal selection in college freshmen. Poster presented at the Midwestern Psychological Association Annual Conference, Chicago, IL.
- Danaher, K. (2016, May). Weight bias intervention in a general psychology class. Poster presented at the Midwestern Psychological Association Annual Conference, Chicago, IL
- Danaher, K. & Branscombe, N. R. (2010). Maintaining the system with tokenism: Bolstering individual mobility beliefs and identification with a discriminatory organization. British Journal of Social Psychology, 49, 343-362. doi:10.1348/014466609X457530
- Danaher, K., & Crandall, C. S. (2008). Stereotype threat in applied settings re-examined. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 38, 1639-1655. doi: 10.1111/j.1559- 1816.2008.00362.x
Honors and Awards:
- Iowa Wesleyan University Chadwick Teacher of the Year (2015-2016)
- Iowa Wesleyan University Service-Learning Course of the Year, Wesleyan Seminar (2012 – 2013)
- Iowa Wesleyan University Student Organization of the Year, Behavioral Science Club (2012 – 2013)
- Iowa Wesleyan University Service-Learning Course of the Year, Psychology of Gender (2011 – 2012)
- General Psychology
- Careers in Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Research Methods
- Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences
- Psychology of Gender
- Psychology Senior Seminar
- Cognitive Psychology
- Theories of Personality
- Motivation and Emotion
Areas of Professional interest or research:
- Performance in Stereotyped Domains
- Stereotype Threat
- Multiple Identity Management
- Stereotypes as Standards
- Gender Equity
- Weight Bias
- National Advisory Board for Diversity & Inclusion, Member
- Committee on Faculty Development, Committee Member
- Committee on Student Development, Committee Member
- Institutional Review Board, Committee Member
- Belle Babb Mansfield Symposium Committee, Committee Member
- Undergraduate Academic Advisor