Completing an internship is a graduation requirement at Iowa Wesleyan University. Students will earn academic credits along with professional experience.
What are the benefits of an internship?
- Apply learned knowledge in a professional setting.
- Gain experience and training in a professional environment.
- Boosts professional resume.
- Network and make professional connections.
- Determine if a career path is the right fit for you.
- Allows supervisors an opportunity to determine if you’re a prospective candidate for employment within their organization.
Each credit hour = 40 working hours. For example: if you are earning 3 credits, you need 120 working hours. If you are earning 6 credits, you need 240 working hours.