Transfer Application

Applicants who have earned college credits from another university and want to transfer to IW.

Prepare the following documents before completing the application below

You will not be able to complete the application with out the following documents saved to your computer.

International students will need a copy of their score on one of Iowa Wesleyan’s approved English proficiency tests. The copy of the student’s score should demonstrate that he or she has a sufficient level of English in order to enroll as a full-time student.

One (or more) of the following recommended minimum from the list below:

  • TOEFL IBT: 61
  • TOEFL Paper-based: 500
  • IELTS: 6.0
  • GTEC CBT: 1051
  • SAT: 980
  • ACT: 19
  • EIKEN: Grade 2A
  • Completion of Any English Language Service (ELS) Intensive English for Academic Purposes Level: 112
  • Duolingo English Test Score: 90
  • Completion Advanced Level in ESL Program at Iowa Wesleyan University with Certificate of Completion

International students must provide a copy of their Certified Academic Record (transcript of marks sheet) from all secondary schools. If the records are in a language other than English, there must be a certified English translation of all academic records.

Submit a credential evaluation using either ECE or SpanTran. Please send results directly to our registrar’s office.

Course descriptions in English.

Affidavit of Financial Support: An affidavit of financial support is a document that an international student must fill out and complete, certifying that he, she, or a sponsor has the requisite amount of funding (In U.S. dollars) to support the student while they attend classes at Iowa Wesleyan University.

A scanned copy of one’s passport is required and must be provided before the Admissions Department can evaluate an application.

Similar to the affidavit of financial support, international students are required to provide a copy of a recent bank statement (dated within the last six months) to prove their financial solvency (In U.S. dollars) and ability to cover tuition and personal living expenses while on a student visa. The bank statement must be in English or accompanied by an English translation.