Iowa Wesleyan Logo

Marketplace Coverage and COVID-19

(BidenCare or Affordable Care Act)

  • Sign up online to be contacted by an insurance provider with a variety of insurance plan options to choose from (these plans require out-of-pocket payment):

Iowa Medicaid Insurance

  • State Medicaid may be available if you reside in Iowa, have an Iowa address (off-campus), a social security number, and fit additional criteria listed in the Iowa Medicaid “How to Apply” instructions listed below.
  • for the Iowa Medicaid application
  •  for the Iowa Medicaid instructions on how to apply for Iowa Medicaid and other assistance programs

United Health Care Community Plan – Dental & Vision Insurance

  • United Health Care Community Plan offers Dental and Vision plans underwritten by Golden Rule Insurance Company have no age limit restrictions. They offer coverage for the dental and vision services many medical insurance plans don’t include.
  • From all over the state, explore the Iowa Health insurance options and more that are available now.

Intercollegiate Student - Athlete Physicals and Insurance

Every student-athlete is required to have a physical examination before they can participate in any intercollegiate practice, conditioning, workout, or event. The physical must be completed after June 1 of the upcoming academic year and all physical forms must be signed by an MD, DO, Physician Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner. Physicals performed by Chiropractors will not be accepted. All student-athletes will receive a letter from their sports coach with information for completing the required paperwork prior to their participation in athletics.

Students-athletes participating in intercollegiate athletics must have proof of a personal/family insurance policy prior to being allowed to participate in any intercollegiate athletic activity. If a student is uncovered, an individual student insurance plan can be purchased through EIIA, which is the provider of Iowa Wesleyan University’s catastrophic Intercollegiate Athlete insurance plan. For details, contact the Director of Human Resources at 319-385-6209. All students are responsible for any health care costs incurred that are not covered by their primary insurance or the IWU Intercollegiate Athletic Catastrophic Insurance policy.

International Students Insurance

All International students are required to purchase health insurance through the University which partners with the Lewer Agency. Regardless if an international student has health insurance through a different provider, all international students must purchase the International Student health insurance plan. This affords international students the peace of mind to know that if they need to use medical services, they have coverage as stated in the Lewermark insurance plan materials.

For up to date information on our policy coverage, visit