Summary of Position:
The GA will assist with historical collections and records management. The position includes but is not limited to the creation of a searchable electronic database of Iowa
Wesleyan’s yearbook names allowing for more efficient retrieval for requests regarding personal yearbook documentation. The GA will also assist with projects including requests from athletics, outside patron communities, and the office of the university president.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Careful handling of historical, delicate, and not replaceable valuable nineteenth and twentieth century historical documents
- The use of software to develop a searchable name index
- Responding to historical requests through email or phone
- The ability to use an archival scanner
- Paper record management and retrieval
- Indexing historical materials
Compensation and Proposed Work Schedule:
- The Graduate Assistant’s tuition waiver and stipend is compensation for working approximately 29 hours each week.
- Student and supervisor will determine weekly work schedule
- Weekends, evenings, and possible travel will be required for this position to participate in scheduled events
- Successfully admitted into the Iowa Wesleyan University Graduate Program
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Good organizational skills
- Computer knowledge
- People skills, working relationships with staff, faculty, student athletes
- Understanding of confidentiality
- Time Management skills
- Attention to details
- Knowledge of archival scanning technology
- Valid US Driver’s License with the ability to be authorized to drive IW fleet vehicles as requested.
- Must be available for night and weekend responsibilities.
All applicants must have applied for admissions and have been accepted into the Iowa Wesleyan University graduate program in order to apply.
Qualified candidates who have been accepted into the Iowa Wesleyan University Graduate Program, must upload their letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three professional references below. Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if further information is needed. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.