Head Women’s Golf Coach
Iowa Wesleyan University is accepting applications for Head Women’s Golf Coach. This is a part-time, seasonal position reporting to the Athletic Director and is responsible for the administration of the women’s golf program.
- Promote Tiger Women’s Golf program.
- Provide leadership in the planning and operation of the program.
- Administer program within the policies of Iowa Wesleyan University, SLIAC, and the NCAA.
- Organize and facilitate all daily practice sessions, contest preparation, competition, and off-season training.
- Develop and maintain a successful recruiting system while maintaining a high level of visibility within Iowa Wesleyan’s service region.
- Schedule contests in accordance with the policies set forth by Iowa Wesleyan University.
- Coordinate travel and meal considerations for away contests. Coaches may be required to drive teams to away contests.
- Organize and run summer camps to help young players improve their athletic skills and create positive exposure for IW’s athletic program.
- Enforce discipline and sportsmanship behavior.
- Manage all aspects of the Women’s Golf budget and fundraising events.
- Attend all University-wide meetings (travel, game and practice conflicts are valid absences), all Athletics staff meetings, meetings called by the Athletic Director or Vice President for Student Development, and any Athletics related workshops.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Collegiate Golf experience
- Knowledge of and adherence to NCAA rules, preferred
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to successfully multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to self-manage by determining one’s own work assignments referring to employee plan of work, annual divisional initiatives, and employment policies for guidance.
- Knowledge of recruiting and retaining student-athletes
- Nights and weekends commitments will be required.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must submit their letter of interest, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references below. No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.