Iowa Wesleyan University is accepting applications for Head Track and Field Coach. This is a full-time, exempt position appointed by the President and reports to the Athletic Director. The Head Track and Field Coach is responsible for the administration of the Track and Field program.
Head Track and Field Coach Responsibilities:
- Promote the Track and Field program.
- Provide leadership in the planning and operation of the program.
- Administer program within the policies of Iowa Wesleyan University, SLIAC, and the NCAA.
- Provide an environment conducive to a high level of academic performance by team members.
- Employee retention initiatives for student-athletes through collaboration with numerous University offices.
- Organize and facilitate all daily practice sessions, contest preparation, competition, and off-season training.
- Delegate responsibilities to assistants, student coaches, managers, and squad members.
- Develop and maintain a successful recruiting system while maintaining a high level of visibility within Iowa Wesleyan’s service region.
- Supervise and evaluate assistant coaches.
- Schedule contests in accordance with the policies set forth by Iowa Wesleyan University.
- Coordinate travel and meal considerations for away contests. At times, coaches may be required to drive teams to away contests.
- Hire assistant coaches in cooperation with the Athletic Director.
- Organize and run summer camps to help young players improve their athletic skills and create positive exposure for IW’s athletic program.
- Enforce discipline and sportsmanship behavior.
- Evaluate and review the program and recommend changes and improvements to the Director of Athletics.
- Provide appropriate and timely information to the SID for distribution.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Represent Iowa Wesleyan University and the Athletic Department in a positive manner with a high degree of integrity at all times.
- Promote and support Iowa Wesleyan University and its mission.
- Promote and support Iowa Wesleyan Tiger Athletics program mission and goals.
- Be an active and engaged Tiger Athletics team member willing to assist others in major intercollegiate athletics initiatives such as game day management, team travel needs, and fundraising events. Nights and weekends commitments will be required.
- Manage all aspects of the Track and Field budget.
- Assist in promotion and public relations activities for Tiger Athletics.
- Attend all University-wide meetings (travel, game and practice conflicts are valid absences), all Athletics staff meetings, meetings called by the Athletic Director or Vice President for Student Development, and any Athletics related workshops.
- Serve on institutional committees as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Collegiate Track and Field experience
- Knowledge of and adherence to NCAA, Division III rules, preferred
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to successfully multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to self-manage by determining one’s own work assignments referring to employee plan of work, annual divisional initiatives, and employment policies for guidance.
- Knowledge of recruiting and retaining student-athletes
- Nights and weekends commitments will be required.
- Valid driver’s license with the ability to transport student athletes
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must submit their letter of interest, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references below. No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.