EU Student Consent for Collection, Processing, and Retention of Personal Data
- Personal data of an identifying and geographic nature to allow secure communication of accurate information regarding IW, its services, policies, and procedures.
- Personal data of a financial nature necessary to conduct the transaction of a financial nature and determine my or my family’s ability to pay for services provided by IW.
- Personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, and sexual orientation for the purpose of determining housing assignments in university residence halls.
- Personal data concerning health for purposes of planning and providing of adequate care while enrolled at IW.
- Personal data of a physical nature such as deemed necessary by the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA) for participation in intercollegiate athletics including my image and likeness, height, weight, sport, and player position.
Right to Erasure
- I understand that until payment of any monies to IW (application fees, enrollment deposits, residence deposits, etc.) I reserve the right to erase of my personal data from IW systems (physical or digital). My name and date of erasure may be retained as deemed necessary by the DPO.
- I understand that upon payment of fees and upon attendance in courses (physically or online), my right to erasure is mitigated by the rights and responsibilities of IW to comply with US federal laws governing data retention.
The Release of Directory Information
- I agree that, unless I submit a written request to restrict its release to the Office of the Registrar, the following personal data will be released upon request to the requestor without additional notification to me: my name, local and permanent home addresses, phone number, email address, date and location of birth, parents’ or legal guardians’ names and addresses, classification (freshman, sophomore, etc.), program of study (major, minor, etc.), enrollment status, dates of enrollment, degrees and honors received, the most recently enrolled institution prior to IW, IW student organizations including athletic teams.