First Year Student Admissions Information
- Complete and submit an Application for Admission.
- Request that all official transcripts from all previous colleges attended be sent to our Office of Admissions, even if all prior course work is listed on your last college transcript. Have an official copy of your high school transcript sent to our Office of Admissions, unless you have 24 or more semester hours of previous college credit.
- Schedule a visit to connect with professors & coaches, take a tour of campus, and get all of your questions answered.
- After October 1, File FAFSA.
- Submit your deposit. Congratulations on becoming a Tiger!
- If you plan to live on campus, submit a copy of your TB/MMR results and the housing application.
- If you plan to participate in athletics, submit a copy of your completed physical form.
A first-year applicant must meet the following criteria to be considered for full admission to Iowa Wesleyan University:
- have a composite score of 19 or above on the ACT or a score of 900 or above on the SAT,
- have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or above (on a 4.0 scale).
Applicants may be admitted on a conditional basis, subject to review of their performance after one semester at Iowa Wesleyan University, if they meet the following two requirements:
- have a composite score of 17-18 on the ACT or a score of 900-970 on the SAT.
- have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale).
Applicants not meeting the minimum criteria may petition the Admissions Advisory Committee for committee admission. Additional information,including teacher recommendations a personal statement or interview, may be required as part of this process. More information on this process is available from the Office of Admissions.