Your FAFSA must be completed prior to registering for classes. Even if you intend to pay out of pocket through one of IW Online’s payment plans, have Military benefits, or have corporate tuition assistance, you may be eligible for additional benefits through financial aid.
To receive financial aid from federal and state programs the student must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Be registered with Selective Service if male, at least 18 years of age and born after December 31, 1959, and not currently a member of the active armed forces (register online at www.sss.gov).
- Demonstrate financial need if applying for need-based aid.
- Be working toward a degree or certificate at Iowa Wesleyan University.
- Make satisfactory academic progress as defined by IW’s Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- Not be in default on any loan or owe a refund on any grant made under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, at any institution.