Summary of Position:
This position will assist the Office of Student Financial Services in administrative tasks. This will include but is not limited to helping Student Financial Service staff with incoming and returning students financial aid and/or student account processes, managing students and families coming in for assistance, and helping to plan and execute events surrounding the Office of Student Financial Services. This Graduate Assistant will report to and be supervised by the Director of Financial Aid.
Specific elements include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring phone and department email
- Importing Files into Data System
- Updating and Maintaining Department Spreadsheets
- Mailing and Emailing Financial Aid Communications to students
- Assist in Planning Student Financial Services events
- Updating Student Files
- Assist with Check-In and Registration Days
- Assist with General Department Duties and Projects
- Assist Student Accounts when Necessary
Compensation and Proposed Work Schedule:
- The Graduate Assistant’s tuition waiver and stipend is compensation for working approximately 29 hours each week.
- Weekly work schedule will be determined by student and supervisor
- Weekends, evenings, and possible travel will be required for this position to
participate in scheduled events
- Successfully admitted into the Iowa Wesleyan University Graduate Program
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Good organizational skills
- Detailed Orientated
- Computer knowledge
- Communication and People skills, working relationships with staff, faculty, and community
- Understanding of confidentiality
- Time Management skills
- Valid US Driver’s License with the ability to be authorized to drive IW fleet vehicles as requested
- Must be available for night and weekend responsibilities.
ADDITIONAL POSITION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
- Must sign and abide by the Student Employment Confidentiality Agreement
- Must understand FERPA and how it applies to staff members
- Must understand and follow basic Federal Regulations and Policy on student financial aid
All applicants must have applied for admissions and have been accepted into the Iowa Wesleyan University graduate program in order to apply.
Qualified candidates who have been accepted into the Iowa Wesleyan University Graduate Program, must upload their letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three professional references below. Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if further information is needed. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.