ENGAGE inspires and equips faculty to practice purposeful and innovative teaching to create transformational learning experiences that transcend the boundaries of the classroom.
- Create and provide access to resources on innovative and evidence-based instruction
- Facilitate excellence in teaching and student engagement through workshops, collaborative programming, individual consultations, and fellowship opportunities
- Develop academic advising programming that encourages student success
- Encourage reflective practices to improve and showcase teaching
- Foster inclusive learning environments in which all students engage in meaningful learning
- Reward and recognize teaching that supports the University’s mission
- Advance the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning and engagement
Kelly Danaher is the first Director of Engage, which was established in August of 2018. Kelly also serves as an Associate Professor of Psychology. As a faculty member of the IW Psychology Program since 2011, she has taught a variety classes, including Service-Learning and online, mentored students as an academic advisor, and collaborated with students and colleagues on numerous research projects. Kelly was the recipient of the 2015-2016 IW Chadwick Teacher of the Year. She chaired the Committee on Assessment for three years, during which time the institution was re-accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). She has presented at many professional conferences, including her assessment work at the HLC annual conference and her empirical work on instructional practices at the Midwestern Psychological Association annual conference. She has a Ph.D. in Social Psychology from the University of Kansas.