Director of Admissions
Iowa Wesleyan University is accepting applications for the immediate opening for the position of Director of Admissions. This is a full-time, 12-month position and includes the University’s full benefit package. The Director of Admissions reports directly to the Vice President for Enrollment Management.
Admissions Director Job Duties:
- Supervise the admissions staff by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions.
- Develops admissions strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes admissions operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Develops admissions financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Promotes the university and attracts new students by maintaining working relationships with other university departments; working closely with the alumni office and the marketing department.
- Maintain continuing flow of quality applicants and transfers to the university by analyzing trends in enrollment and marketing activities, leading activities to continue programs that are effective; modifying programs; presenting new sales strategies for the university’s recruitment and admission activities.
- Promotes the university nationwide by making presentations and speeches at alumni meetings, high school conferences, and community job fairs throughout the region
- Welcomes prospective student to the campus by staging semi-annual open houses.
- Maximizes recruiting and admissions processing by using state-of-the-art recruiting and admissions computer technology.
- Gains the respect of diverse individual groups by demonstrating the ability of the university to respond to the concerns and interests of its minority communities.
- Determines scholarship recipients by serving on the university’s scholarship selection committee.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances admissions department and university reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate discipline, Master’s Degree preferred
- Three to five years of relevant admissions experience
- Three or additional years of supervising, managing and directing staff
- Verbal communication – with the ability to pass information on both internally and externally and be able to listen to the needs of the university, staff and students.
- Written communication
- Motivating team members
- Foster teamwork
- Organizational Astuteness and coordination
- Tracking of budget expenses
- Ability to work flexible hours as necessary, including evenings and weekends for special events
- Some travel may be required
Qualified candidates interest can submit their letter of application, resume, and three professional references with names, titles, and contact information below. Review of application materials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please; candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.