Director of the Office for Academic Success and Inclusive Services (OASIS)
Iowa Wesleyan University is accepting applications for a Director of the Office for Academic Success and Inclusive Services (OASIS) to begin in August 2018. This is a full-time, 10-month, non-tenure track position with Faculty status. As the Director of the OASIS, you will be responsible for assisting students in the development of academic skills necessary for success in a liberal arts college environment by offering tutoring, group study, a writing specialist, disability services and accommodations, and other academic support services and the instruction of courses that promote student success. This position does require availability to work during the evening and on weekend hours.
- Leading workshops and instructional sessions of academic resource topics.
- Providing disability services and determine appropriate accommodations.
- Assist on campus committees and constituencies focused on academic support, student retention, and tutoring program evaluations.
- Master’s degree in a related field;
- Experience successfully working with a post-secondary learning assistance program and experience supervising professional staff and/or students;
- Familiarity with current research, learning theory, best practices, and standards of excellence in learning assistance;
- Experience with budgets;
- Ability to use electronic communication, standard office software, database programs, and spreadsheets in the context of running a learning assistance program;
- Experience working with a diverse student populations.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must submit their letter of interest, resume/CV, transcripts, and contact information for three professional references. No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.