Director of Financial Aid
Iowa Wesleyan University is accepting applications for the Director of Financial Aid. This position will report directly to the Vice President, and will fill a vital position on the university’s enrollment management team.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Direct and manage student financial aid and scholarship programs
- Participate as a part of University’s enrollment management team
- Manage the financial aid office to ensure compliance with federal, state, and institutional regulations and to help meet enrollment goals
- Administration of the federal, state and institutional financial aid programs with federal regulations
- Administration of financial aid operations stateside
- Responsible for staying current on Federal Title IV regulations and for serving as institutional liaison with the U.S. Department of Education on financial aid and federal Title IV regulatory issues
- Implement a proactive approach to ensuring students have the financial assistance needed for degree completion
- Work collaboratively with Student Financial Services and Enrollment Management Team and staff
- Represent the University in federal programs reviews and audits
- Prepare and submit reports as required and coordinate activities as appropriate with other campus offices
- Perform weekly refund reporting
- Keep up-to-date concerning financial aid program regulations
- Assist in review and revision of policies and procedures, as appropriate
- Interpret federal, state, and institutional eligibility criteria for prospective and enrolled students and their families
- Review the academic performance of financial aid recipients to ensure Satisfactory Academic Progress is being made
- Provide financial aid workshops for high school counselors, students and their families
- Provide administrative review of grant-in-aid programs and NCAA requirements and reports as needed
- Serve as primary resource person for committees involved with financial aid and/or scholarships.
- Manage, direct and supervise the financial aid staff.
- Present financial aid information to students and families both one on one and in a group setting as needed.
- Review and completion of the student file Exit process.
- Prepare reports, and budget for the Federal Work Study Program.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Financial Aid experience
- Ability to handle fast paced environment and remain productive
- Possess the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- 1 to 2 years of experience in customer service area
- Excellent customer, telephone, and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must submit their letter of interest, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references. No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.