All student email accounts were migrated to Gmail.
- Go to http://mail.google.com.
- Click SIGN IN at the top of the page.
- Enter your entire IW email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Enter your password
- If you already login to your IW google account, use the same password.
- If you never login to your IW google account, your password will be A0000xxxxxx where xxxxxx is the first 6 digits of the 8-digit number on the back of your student ID card. If you don’t have your student ID card or the number on the back of the card is not an 8-digit number, please contact us.
If you already set up your cell phone to access IW email, you need to remove the Microsoft ActiveSync account and use the Gmail account instead.
All students are assigned advisors in their areas of study by the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs. If a student elects to change his/her major, the division chair for the new major will assign an advisor in the new area of study.
Each student should meet regularly with the assigned advisor to assess individual progress. Students are required to meet once each term with advisors to register for classes. Advisors must approve graduation applications.
Academic advisors serve as students’ first professional contacts in the careers for which they are preparing. IW’s faculty members are well educated and knowledgeable about the issues and opportunities available in their fields of expertise. Students should make use of opportunities to grow in their chosen fields through their meetings with their advisors.
Cancellations / Announcements
In the event, that day classes need to be cancelled due to bad weather, listen to the radio station, KILJ, 105.5 on the FM dial. If bad weather develops during the day, an announcement will also be given to KILJ as soon as a decision is made. Extended Learning has a larger list of media for night class cancellations.
If classes are not officially cancelled but roads are questionable, students should use their own judgment about driving to school. If a student decides not to try to drive although classes are not cancelled, the student should notify the instructor directly.