Iowa Wesleyan is a university of the church, proudly related to the United Methodist Church where Christian values are honored and all are welcome.
Mt. Pleasant and southeast Iowa are extremely welcoming of our students from many religious backgrounds, both Christian and non-Christian. The First United Methodist Church in Mt. Pleasant is an active partner with the University and assists with spiritual life offerings. Students from all faith backgrounds are members of numerous congregations both in Mt. Pleasant and the surrounding communities.
Campus Ministry and service projects is the hub of faith opportunities for the Iowa Wesleyan community. Service Learning is a signature co-curricular program that carries with it academic credit. A variety of faith-based and spiritual programs and services are offered which include:
- Monthly Chapel Service
- CRU – Student led campus bibles studies
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- FCA affords students and student-athletes the opportunity to intentionally grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ. FCA meets weekly and is a growing student-organization. The organization is committed to service to others as well as impacting the IWU campus for Christ.
- See You At The Pole – early morning reflection opportunity at the campus flag pole.
CAMPUS MINISTRY LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Students will be able to demonstrate the mechanisms for spiritual formation through the employment of spiritual disciplines.
- Students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of compassion and social justice through individual and corporate service to neighbors; individual, local community, the nation and internationally.
- Students will be able to demonstrate that corporate worship is central to the realization that religion is a social activity, performed in community.