Assistant Professor in the Division of Business
Iowa Wesleyan University is accepting applications for an Assistant Professor in the Division of Business to begin in August 2018. This is a full-time, nine-month, tenure-track teaching position. Responsibilities include teaching business students in the classroom and online with qualifications to teach a variety of topics in the business curriculum, including economics, marketing and management at the undergraduate and graduate level. A typical workload for a faculty member in the division is 27 semester hours per academic year, while maintaining a minimum of seven office hours per week. Faculty duties may include some evening and weekend hours.
- Fulfills the duties and responsibilities of a business faculty member, including the review and development of business school offerings on an on-going basis.
- Participate in University committees as assigned.
- Attend monthly general faculty meetings.
- Serve as academic advisor for assigned business students
- Additional duties as needed and assigned.
- A PhD or DBA in Leadership, Management or a closely related field.
- Teaching experience at both the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Online teaching experience a plus
- Online course development a plus
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must submit their letter of interest, resume/CV, transcripts, and contact information for three professional references at https://www.iw.edu/employment/. No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.