Assistant Professor of Biology
Iowa Wesleyan University is accepting applications for an Assistant Professor of Biology beginning August 2018. This is a full-time, nine-month, tenure-track teaching position.
The position of Assistant Professor of Biology entails effective undergraduate instruction and advising, including helping to prepare students for post-graduate work in the health sciences and related fields. Additional work involves program development and assessment. Teaching responsibilities will involve courses in the biology major and in the general education program, potentially including general biology, anatomy and physiology, molecular and cell biology, biochemistry, microbiology, and genetics. All courses have a major emphasis in laboratory instruction. Ability to lead student research and capstone projects is preferred. Responsibilities include supervision of adjunct faculty in Science. Potential for candidate to fill Division Chair position.
The successful applicant should be prepared to partner with the Teacher Education Program to develop, support, and assess programs for which K-8 and 5-12 teacher certification may be sought.
- Fulfills the duties and responsibilities of a faculty member, participating on campus committees as requested and attending regular general faculty meetings as well as actively participating in the Division meetings.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Ph.D. or a Master’s Degree with a willingness to work toward a Ph.D. in biological science or related field.
- A minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in the Biological Sciences.
- We are particularly interested in candidates with experiences collaborating with other disciplines in one or more of the following areas: Chemistry, Psychology, Nursing, Education, or Mathematics.
- Experience teaching and developing online curricula is desirable. Successful candidates should demonstrate a commitment to excellent undergraduate instruction and a dedication to committee service at institutional levels
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must complete the online application that will include a letter of interest, resume/CV, transcripts, and contact information for three professional references. No phone calls please; candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.