Get started setting up your financial aid by following these steps and submitting the forms that apply to you.
Your future is the most important investment you will make. The Financial Aid staff is here to assist you throughout the process.
Make sure you have your FAFSA completed prior to course registration. Even if you intend to pay out of pocket through one of IW Online’s payment plans, have Military benefits, or have corporate tuition assistance, you may be eligible for additional benefits through financial aid.
The Financial Aid Office is located in the lower level of the Chapel. The office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you have any questions please contact us at 319.385.6242 or 800.582.2383 ext. 6242.
IW SCHOOL CODE: 001871
Note: Financial aid is the same for athletes and non-athletes. As an NCAA Division III university, students are not provided with scholarships for athletic participation
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
To receive financial aid from federal and state programs the student must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Be registered with Selective Service if male, at least 18 years of age and born after December 31, 1959, and not currently a member of the active armed forces. (Register online at www.sss.gov).
- Demonstrate financial need if applying for need-based aid.
- Be working toward a degree or certificate at Iowa Wesleyan University.
- Make satisfactory academic progress as defined by IW’s Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- Not be in default on any loan or owe a refund on any grant made under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, at any institution.