Iowa Wesleyan University is accepting applications for Adjunct Multimedia [Audio and Video] Specialist. This is a part-time position, contracted on a semester to semester basis depending on the needs of Iowa Wesleyan University and the courses being offered each semester.
Video and audio postproduction is an advanced level course going deeper into the art and craft of editing. Students are expected to enter this course with basic familiarity with non-linear audio and video editing. Topics include advanced editing process, visual effects, sound effects and filtering, sound synchronization, animated video processing, color correction, rendering, and basic compression schemes.
- Commitment to student retention and success
- Commitment to development and assessment of student learning
- Respond to student questions and concerns in a timely manner
- Grade student assignments in a timely manner
- Abide by all university policies
- Willingness to support a diverse population of learners inside and beyond the classroom
- Master’s degree in a related field to content being taught or
- Master’s degree in unrelated field and additional minimum of 18 graduate credits in a field related to the content being taught or
- A combination of:
- A minimum of six years, working in the field of industry of the content area being taught;
- Evidence of recognized accomplishment in area being taught, including awards, bibliography of publication referencing design or art work or scholarship;
- Evidence of scholarly/creative accomplishment in terms of completed design work, patents, exhibitions, presentations, publication, and juried recognition at the regional, national, and international level.
- Evidence of service to the field in terms of memberships on committees or boards of professional organizations and other contributions to the field.
- Required Work Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional-level practice in Video Shooting, Audio Postproduction, Audio for Video, Video Effects and Graphics, Video Editing
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must submit their letter of interest, resume/CV, transcripts, and contact information for three professional references at https://www.iw.edu/employment/. No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note: the online application form works best in Firefox. If you are having difficulty, either click on the link below the form for troubleshooting ideas or switch to Firefox.