Iowa Wesleyan University is accepting applications for an Adjunct Instructor of Psychology. Adjunct Instructors are contracted on a semester to semester basis and instruction of courses may take place either face to face or online during the evenings, weekends and summer months dependent upon the course offerings during that particular semester.
An Adjunct Instructor of Psychology is responsible for teaching a variety of psychology courses dependent upon the needs of the university. Teaching experience and a focus on experiential or active learning strategies are preferred. Successful candidates should demonstrate a commitment to excellent undergraduate instruction. Participation in assessment of student learning is also required.
An adjunct instructor must possess the knowledge, skills and attitudes of management and leadership, organizational strengths, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Qualifications for the position as an Online Adjunct Instructor of Psychology are
- Master’s degree in Psychology or a closely related field, (Ph.D. preferred).
- Minimum of eighteen (18) graduate credit hours in assigned teaching discipline.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years current professional experience related to assigned teaching discipline.
- Online teaching experience (preferably in higher education or training) and/or experience in planning/developing courses preferred.
- Experience teaching adult learners preferred.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must submit their letter of interest, resume/CV, unofficial transcripts and the contact information for three professional references below. No phone calls please; candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Employment offer contingent upon satisfactory results of criminal background check. Iowa Wesleyan University welcomes, values, and nurtures people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.