Adjunct Instructor of Music Literature
Iowa Wesleyan University is accepting applications for Adjunct Instructor of Music Literature. This is a part-time position, contracted on a semester to semester basis depending on the needs of Iowa Wesleyan University and the courses being offered each semester.
The adjunct instructor of Music Literature could teach assigned courses through the online program and as well as the face to face traditional classroom setting. Duties may include course development. Adjunct faculty responsibilities include instruction, service, and support of college policies and procedures, and professional development.
- Interact with students via discussion forums, classroom presence, etc.
- Commitment to student retention and success
- Commitment to development and assessment of student learning
- Respond to student questions and concerns in a timely manner
- Grade student assignments/papers in a timely manner
- Abide by all university policies
- Willingness to support a diverse population of learners inside and beyond the classroom
- Master’s degree in Music or Master’s degree in a related field with 18 graduate hours in Music.
- Previous teaching experience with adults and online instruction is preferable but not required.
- Ability to work effectively in a collegial university environment teaching online classes.
- Online teaching experience preferred.
- Successful candidates should demonstrate a commitment to excellent undergraduate instruction.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must submit their letter of interest, resume/CV, transcripts, and contact information for three professional references below. No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.