Iowa Wesleyan University is accepting applications for Adjunct Instructor of Graphic Design. This is a part-time position, contracted on a semester to semester basis depending on the needs of Iowa Wesleyan University and the courses being offered each semester.
Teaching assignments within the Graphic Design Program include a series of introductory to intermediate design-related content and software/ technology-based courses.
- Commitment to student retention and success
- Commitment to development and assessment of student learning
- Respond to student questions and concerns in a timely manner
- Grade student assignments in a timely manner
- Abide by all university policies
- Willingness to support a diverse population of learners inside and beyond the classroom
- Master’s degree in a related field to content being taught or
- Master’s degree in unrelated field and additional minimum of 18 graduate credits in a field related to the content being taught or
- A combination of:
- A minimum of six years, working in the field of industry of the content area being taught;
- Evidence of recognized accomplishment in area being taught, including awards, bibliography of publication referencing design or art work or scholarship;
- Evidence of scholarly/creative accomplishment in terms of completed design work, patents, exhibitions, presentations, publication, and juried recognition at the regional, national and international level.
- Evidence of service to the field in terms of memberships on committees or boards of professional organizations and other contributions to the field.
- Required Work Experience:
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional-level practice in graphic design.
- Proficiency in design-thinking, industry-standard software and processes, including but not limited to concepting, art direction, illustration/photographic software, typography, digital photography, etc.
- Knowledge of design history, contemporary industry/technological trends,
- Previous teaching experience is preferable but not required.
- Successful candidates should demonstrate a commitment to excellent undergraduate instruction.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must submit their letter of interest, resume/CV, transcripts, and contact information for three professional references below. No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.