Iowa Wesleyan University is accepting applications for Adjunct Instructor in Exercise Science and Wellness/Physical Education. This is a part-time, exempt position that is assigned on a per semester basis based on the needs of the university. An adjunct instructor of Exercise Science and Wellness/Physical Education is responsible for teaching a variety of courses dependent upon the needs of the University. Areas of need may include physical education, health education, kinesiology, first aid, fitness evaluation, athletic coaching, activity courses, or prevention and care of injuries. Teaching experience and a focus on experiential or active learning strategies are preferred. Successful candidates should demonstrate a commitment to excellent undergraduate instruction.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Instruction of 8- or 16-week undergraduate courses.
- Course development may be necessary.
- Teaching traditional and nontraditional students during day and possibly evening.
- Master’s degree in education, athletic training, or a closely related field, (Ph.D. preferred).
- Minimum of eighteen (18) graduate credit hours in assigned teaching discipline.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years current professional experience related to assigned teaching discipline.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must submit their letter of interest, resume/CV, transcripts, and contact information for three professional references below. No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note: the online application form works best in Firefox. If you are having difficulty, either click on the link below the form for troubleshooting ideas or switch to Firefox.