Early Childhood Education majors will demonstrate:
- Commitment to students and their learning;
- Knowledge of the content and how to teach the content, skills, and dispositions to students;
- Responsibility for motivating, managing, and monitoring student learning;
- Reflective thinking about their practice and their experiences; and
- Interest in lifelong learning and participating in learning communities.
Students seeking licensure in Early Childhood Education (preschool and kindergarten levels) must meet the following requirements for graduation.
See checksheet for requirements.
Early Childhood Education 12 hr. Concentration
In addition to the above courses, each candidate for an early childhood education major shall complete a concentration of 12 credit hours or more in a single academic field approved by the Chair of the Teacher Education Program.
Early Childhood Education major